Monday, September 12, 2005

Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So ever since I was a wee gothlike thing, I've been reading this Datlow/Windling (this year it's Datlow/Link/Grant) Year's Best Fantasy and Horror. I've always thought of it as having the most cutting-edge stories out there. Plus the recaps of the previous year's books are good for finding new things to read. As I've developed as a writer, I've had fun finding my friends and acquaintances' stories published or mentioned in YBFH.

BUT THIS YEAR,

My story "The Elf Knight and Lady Isabelle" from CLOAKED IN SHADOW got an Honorable Mention.

That's one of the coolest validations of my work I've had so far. It's up there with having Picador seriously consider TRIBULATION'S WAR. But Picador eventually didn't buy TW (which remains on the market). In YBFH, though, there I am. Page 466 (I keep checking back to it to make sure it is really real. It is.).

Weeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home