Monday, April 17, 2006

Uncle Andrej

Early this morning (some time between the second and third hitting of the snooze button) a police officer knocked on my door.

Someone had been arrested with a car full of stolen stuff, and among it was my copy of Susan R. Matthews' WARRING STATES, still in its Amazon box, though the box had been opened. They had taken it out of my mailbox (I'm also missing at least one Netflix and a bunch of catalogs and suchlike. Luckily they missed my bank statement).

Aside from their obvious disappointment that this was a book and not something like a DVD that would be easier to sell, I like to think that the miscreants looked inside the book and got a nice interrogation scene for their trouble.

I hope they dream of Uncle Andrej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home