Saturday, May 06, 2006

Barbaro

Just humiliated a good field by a vast margin, proving once again that I can't pick Derby winners.

Things I learned:

When people on TV try and tell you that post position 18 in a 20-horse field is not a disadvantage, don't listen. Brother Derek dead heated for fourth after going wide around both turns.

I'm not sure what happened to Lawyer Ron, who looked like he was in a good spot and faded out completely at the top of the stretch. Maybe just the distance.

Keyed Entry I can only hope will make it back in races suited to his ability.

Sweetsouthernsaint didn't handle the distance and also I noticed yesterday the rail seemed dead.

Bob and John sucked. I have no idea why.

I think Barbaro is probably capable of winning the Triple Crown, and I don't like him. I mean, I don't have anything against his trainer or owner or sire or anything. I don't like him because, except in motion (he has amazing motion), he's damn ugly. Skinny bay horse with big head. Yeah, I realize it's not a beauty contest. I still don't like him anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home